Plowshare Farm is seeking candidates for a yearlong volunteer service opportunity in sharing life with others, including people with developmental disabilities, and sustainability at our lifesharing community in Greenfield, New Hampshire. We are currently accepting applicants to join us in January 2021 or August 2021. Serve for a year and gain insights for a lifetime!
To submit an inquiry about a year of service opportunity, click here or continue to the bottom of this page.
Plowshare also has limited openings (usually 2) for summer volunteers to come for a two month summer placement from mid-June to early August. The next summer openings will be in June 2021. To submit an inquiry about a summer volunteer opportunity, please click here.
To go direct to filling out a full application, click here.
We are seeking people with:
- hearts wide enough to include others in 'home'
- hands and feet ready to support others in activities of daily life and to be a part of a sustainability-oriented community
- and heads ripe for new learning
As a volunteer you will:
- Live in and provide assistance with daily needs in one of our lifesharing homes where people with a wide range of abilities, including people with disabilities, live together in an inclusive community-based setting. This includes sharing general household activities, supporting others in the household in activities of daily living, and sharing in social time together.
- Participate in 2-3 areas of volunteer service during the day, depending on the community's current need and personal interest, such as wool and fiber arts, woodworking, baking, and biodynamic gardening.
- Learn about the traditional trades of the New England region (woodwork, pottery, metalwork, wax, wool, baking and more).
- Be part of a community that is striving toward ecological sustainability (energy production and heating, growing our own vegetables, getting milk and eggs from our own animals, tapping maple trees for syrup, etc).
For more information about year of service opportunities, please submit a yearlong volunteer inquiry here.
For more information about summer service opportunities, please submit a summer volunteer inquiry here.