Plowshare Farm is seeking candidates for a year-long, live-in service and learning opportunity in sustainability, Anthroposophy and sharing life with others, including people with developmental disabilities, at our lifesharing community in Greenfield, New Hampshire. We are currently accepting applicants for the August 2018 to August 2019 service year. Spend a year gaining skills and insights for a lifetime!
To submit an inquiry about this opportunity, click here or continue to the bottom of this page.
We are seeking people with:
- hearts wide enough to include others in 'home'
- hands and feet ready for the many tasks in a sustainability-oriented community
- and heads ripe for new learning
- Participation in 2-3 areas of work, depending on community need and personal interest, such as biodynamic farming and gardening, baking, woodworking, wool and fiber arts, and helping to run our Local Share community cafe.
- Living in and helping to carry one of our lifesharing homes where people with a wide range of abilities, including people with disabilities, live together in an inclusive community-based setting. This includes sharing general household work (cooking and cleaning, chores, etc), supporting others in the household in activities of daily living, and sharing in social time together.
- Free room and board, medical insurance, and monthly pocket money.
- Two free days per week and six weeks vacation per year.
- Gain skills in traditional trades (woodwork, pottery, metalwork, wax, wool, baking and more).
- Train in biodynamic farming and gardening.
- Learn and practice skills in sustainable living (energy production and heating, growing and harvesting our own food, getting milk and eggs from our own animals, tapping maple trees for syrup, etc).
For more information, submit a volunteer inquiry here.